- Statement of intent
- Information on visitors
- Use and storage of your personal information
- Access to your personal information
- Users 16 and under
- Use of www.breathinglife.org
- Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
- Intellectual Property
- Contributions to www.breathinglife.org
The following statement explains our policy regarding the personal information we collect about you.
1. Statement of intent
From time to time, you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself (e.g. name and email address etc) in order to receive or use services on our website.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable The Breathing Life Trust and its service providers to provide you with the services you select. Whenever you provide such personal information, we will treat that information in accordance with this policy. Our services are designed to give you the information that you want to receive. The Breathing Life Trust will act in accordance with current legislation and aim to meet current Internet best practice.
2. Information on visitors
During the course of any visit to this website, the pages you see are downloaded to your computer (see point 3 for more on this).
3. Use and storage of your personal information
When you supply any personal information to www.breathinglife.org (e.g. for donations, email queries etc.) we have legal obligations towards you in the way we deal with that data. We must collect the information fairly, that is, we must explain how we will use it (see the notices on particular web pages that let you know why we are requesting the information) and tell you if we want to pass the information on to anyone else. In general, any information you provide to The Breathing Life Trust will only be used within The Breathing Life Trust and by its service providers. It will never be supplied to anyone outside the The Breathing Life Trust without first obtaining your consent, unless we are obliged or permitted by law to disclose it. Also, if you post or send offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on or to The Breathing Life Trust and The Breathing Life Trust considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, The Breathing Life Trust can use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop such behaviour. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school or e-mail provider about the content and your behaviour.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for at least 7 years or long as you use the service you have requested, and remove it in the event that the purpose has been met. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
4. Access to your personal information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information the The Breathing Life Trust holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected.
Please address requests to:
The Breathing Life Trust
11-14 Grafton Street (second floor)
London W1S 4EW
5. Users 16 and under
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to the Breathing Life Trust website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
Access to and use of www.breathinglife.org is provided by the Breathing Life Trust subject to the following terms:
1. By using www.breathinglife.org you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of www.breathinglife.org. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms please do not access and/or use www.breathinglife.org.
2. Www.breathinglife.org may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by The Breathing Life Trust. Your continued use of www.breathinglife.org after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
Use of www.breathinglife.org
3. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit or otherwise use www.breathinglife.org content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any www.breathinglife.org content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of www.breathinglife.org content requires the prior written permission of The Breathing Life Trust.
4. You agree to use www.breathinglife.org only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of www.breathinglife.org. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within www.breathinglife.org.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
5. www.breathinglife.org content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to the Breathing Life Trust, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided "AS IS" and on an "IS AVAILABLE" basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
6. www.breathinglife.org and/or The Breathing Life Trust will not be liable for any damages, including indirect or consequential damages, or any damages arising from use or loss of use, data or profits, whether in contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising from or in connection with the use of www.breathinglife.org.
7. The Breathing Life Trust does not warrant that functions contained in www.breathinglife.org content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that . www.breathinglife.org or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
8. The names, images and logos identifying The Breathing Life Trust, identifying The Breathing Life Trust or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of the Breathing Life Trust or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of The Breathing Life Trust or any other third party.
Contributions to www.breathinglife.org
10. Further to paragraph 9, by submitting your contribution to www.breathinglife.org, you:
10.1 warrant that your contribution;
10.1.1 is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to www.breathinglife.org for all the purposes specified above;
10.1.2 is not defamatory; and
10.1.3 does not infringe any law; and
10.2 indemnify The Breathing Life Trust against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by www.breathinglife.org as a result of your breach of the above warranty; and
10.3 waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on www.breathinglife.org and the purposes specified above.
11. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific terms appearing elsewhere www.breathinglife.org (including local house rules) then the latter shall prevail.
12. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
14. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
EXTERNAL WEBSITE LINKS
Third parties wishing to set up links between their website and www.breathinglife.org should contact the web editor on 020 7239 3000.
The Breathing Life Trust accepts no liability for the content of websites with links to and from www.breathinglife.org. If you find the content of websites linked to www.breathinglife.org unsuitable or offensive, please contact our web Manager.
This version of the Breathing Life Trust website (www.breathinglife.org) was launched in September 2007 (and we have been online since 2000).
Please send any comments regarding the site to fundraising.breathinglife.org.
Charity Web Manager: Michael Eletheriades
Charity Web Developer: Atmospheric Letters
Charity Web Editor: John Michael Mouskos
External design and production: Sunagawa Design Lab
Photography: Michael Eletheriades
Illustrations on Schools pages: English Nursery School Nicosia
Technical Support: Shunsuke Sunagawa
The Breathing Life Trust Head of IT: Michael Eletheriades
Technical Support and Hosting: Media Synthesis
Usability Testing: Media Synthesis